Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sparklyglitterybringyouhappiness Shoes!

January finally started to get real. Gone were the days of sunshine and smiles and laying in the park and pretending it was Spring. Rain and gloom stormed in on Thursday and I have been inside my cozy house as much as possible since then. Even though it is miserable outside, it is warm and lovely inside and rain means I can craft to my little heart's desire!

When I was out looking for houses with P and Trace a few weeks ago, I saw a girl with the CUTEST glitter flats on. My wheels started turning, and I thought "I can make those!" so, I grabbed an old pair of black, scuffed up flats, trusty modge podge, some glitter, clear gaze spray, and a paint brush.



Next, I mixed the modge podge and glitter together and held the shoe from the inside and started painting the whole shoe. It looked very weird because it was white, but don't you worry your pretty little head, modge podge dries clear.



Next, I waited for the coat to dry. (About 45 minutes.) And then added another coat. And another. I did 3 coats just to be safe. Once they were dry I sprayed some clear glaze spray on top ( to prevent the glitter from falling off) and with that you have your sparklyglitterybringyouhappiness shoes!



I would love to plan more glitter crafts, I am open to all suggestions! Doesn't glitter just make you so happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment