Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Little Dates

Yesterday D and I celebrated Christmas together. We had decided to forgo the stress of leaving our families on Christmas day and just enjoy the time we had with them. Although we missed each other dearly, it was really nice to relax and not have to be anywhere in particular and just soak in the laughs and family time on our own.

We planned to go to Julian sometime during my stay. (I had NEVER been!) So, after tearing open all our gifts yesterday (and me immediately putting on my Anthropologie outfit from D) we cruised up the mountain to Julian. It was an absolutely beautiful day. The sun was shining, and it seemed as if everyone had our same plan! It was a busy little enchanting town!





We visited the most charming little book store while we were there. It was in an old house and had little rooms of rare books and classics. There is something about the old floor boards creaking, and the smell of old books that is so reminiscent of times past. I have always loved wandering around old book stores, it is one of my favorite things to do in San Francisco. It makes me feel like I am a little part of the history.










We had lunch in town and headed back down the mountain to nap and relax before dinner with one of my co-teachers Limor and her family who were in town on vacation. We went to the U.S. Grant Hotel downtown and enjoyed an excellent dinner with them at Grant Grill and had a great time. This restaurant was CLASSY. I feel very fortunate that I have been able to enjoy terrific food and wine since I arrived last week. I love trying new restaurants, so these past few days have been really memorable.

Hope you all are well rested after Christmas festivities! One week left of vacation and I plan on doing a lot of resting. Heading outside in the warm sun to lay out and walk Obie now. Oh, San Diego how I love you year around!

No comments:

Post a Comment