Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles

Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Decorating!

After two late nights of decorating, my house is Christmas complete! I chose to go the whole DIY route this year and am so thrilled with the way it came out. I got a ton of ideas from Pinterest, and had ideas from years past as well. And I am happy to report I only spent 10 dollars total! It just goes to show that with a little work and a lot of heart, Christmas decorating can be fun and cheap! Here are some pics and my ideas behind them...




My living room shelf. I painted wood blocks with JOY, and added ornaments to real tree branches. ( You have to save all the space you can in a tiny SF apartment.)

My kichen shelf... Used peppermint candies in a vase with flowers, wrapped picture frames for a festive feel, and added ornaments at the base of the shelf.


Joy written in red lipstick on the living room mirror...


Ornaments hanging in the window with festive holiday ribbon, and cards from years past in frames making them look festive!


The little bun watching me work :)


More ornaments hanging from windows...


Pictures wrapped and candy cane hearts in my bedroom...


Using the extra branches that couldn't fit in the vase to make a mini tree for the bathroom.



Happy Holidays friends! What are you doing to decorate on the cheap?

2 comments:

  1. Kelly!!!!! U r too freaking cute!!! Love you!!!
    Little mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the twigs with the ornaments!!! And the ornaments hanging from the shelves! Very cute Kel :-)

    ReplyDelete