Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Here's to Happiness...

After a particular melancholy morning yesterday, my sweet best friend cheered me up by taking a long walk with me and reminded me how truly lucky I am in life. "But I just want to feel sorry for myself and have a pity party"-I thought. I wanted to worry about what I didn't have (nor really want), and wallow. Alas, I pushed my ego aside, and realized she was right. I am so very lucky.

So I decided to get all dressed up for a new exhibit opening by one of my students parents last night. I got in a cab and headed to the Wharf. As I rode down the steep San Francisco hills I looked out the window as I went up and down and realized this is what life is like, a lot of ups and downs. I passed by Coit Tower, the TransAmerica building and peered over the hill at the Bay Bridge with the moon shining right behind it, and it all came into perspective. Here I was, all dolled up, heading to an exhibit opening meeting my best friend in the world, getting to see incredible art by one of my students mom's (because yes! after all that hard work, I really am a teacher!) in one of the most amazing cities in the world. I. Did. This. Myself. And like a flash it all made sense.




In light of my little epiphany, I decided to make a list of some of the things that are making me happy at the moment, and remind myself when I am immersed in acting like a vain, 27 year old girl that my life is pretty OUTSTANDING...



So here's to happiness...


1.Running start hugs from the kids at work every morning. What an awesome way to start every day. Even Mondays.

2.Pumpkin pie in EVERYTHING! Pies, lattes, soup, pancakes.

3.Shopping at second hand stores and scoring great outfits on the cheap. (Hey! It's vintage!)

4. Having terrific friends and family who love me enough to want to celebrate my birthday with me at THREE different parties.

5.When the kids in my class emulate what I say. In example, when we went to leave the other day I heard a little girl in my class say "Let's rock and roll." -Simply awesome.

6. The love of a wonderful man.

7. When Funny bunny hops up on my bed to say hello!

8.The History Channel in October. All things haunted and so spooky!

9. Best friend dates: pumpkin patches with Cody, breakfast and long walks with Tracy, 20 conversations a day with Britney, deep, meaningful chats with Kirby.

10. The fact I get to be with my whole family in 1 week! (Hip, Hip, Hooray!)

11. Reminding myself that this is my FAVORITE month of the whole year!

What is making you terribly happy right now? xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love your honesty, and I love this blog! You made me smile today - so thank you!

    ReplyDelete